We need more couragous Leaders!
New Technologies, the international crisis and other factors has shown: We need more leaders, less managers. But what is the difference? A short, but great Synopsis, I`ve seen:
Courage for Leadership
We don`t have a solution for all the Problems. A new Generation of Leadership, based on Courage and Integrity, can bring all of us the solution:
1. We Need responsible Leadership
- the ability to encourage and motivate people, employees and customers
- to guide and coach them in good and bad times on their way to the common goal
- to be successful jointly and have better results as a team
- The key factors are – trust of the people in the right leadership – adjusted approaches of „right“ leadership in different situations – a responsible guideline for social responsibility.
- other important factors are personal qualities like charisma, willpower, trustbuilding, strenghth, courage and decisiveness
- a responsible crisis management – i.e. to be cool headed in critical situations, but with authenticity and integrity
2. We Need the leadership of tomorrow!
- after the age of number-oriented management decision making follows the era of business culture driven leadership
- What is competence? today: fact oriented decision maker tomorrow: enabler and engineer of decision making processes
- What is character? today: compliance tomorrow: personal integrity
- What is culture? today: apply the company values tomorrow: business culture creation and formation
3. New role of the business leaders
- Ethical behavior not only as individual, but as well as institution
- incentivation i.e. boni longterm and related to sustainable results
- decision making processes adjusted to ethical values (i.e. no discrimination, „Red Flags“)
- CEO and leadership team as „role models“ demonstrate christian values
- appreciate human capital
- fairness for all stakeholders
- sustainable entrepreneurship
- show responsibility and reliability
- open and transparent communication
- social engagement and common good-Engagement
- Pope-encyclica „Laudato Si“ = „our planet is our common house“
This Blogpost based on a presentation by Stephan Werhahn, board member of the German IoD.